Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Toyota Tacoma

Finally found a reference to importing a Tacoma and the name of a Toyota dealer that will sell to Canadians.

Finally imported a Tacoma!!! Could have been a two day trip, but my dad wanted to tag along to see how the import process went and we took our time driving back.
  • Purchase price for my Double Cab Long Bed TRD Sport w/towing was $29,000US 'out the door'.
  • I opted for an '08 because I couldn't buy an '07 with the configuration I wanted in white.
  • The '08's have a couple TSB's implemented (stiffer suspension, etc.) over the '07's and should have a better resale value in the future.
  • I could have had an '07 for $27,750 OTT (might be even better now), but as I already stated I couldn't get the color I wanted.
  • In total, including taxes (still need to pay PST), plane tickets, hotels, DTRL parts, and food I'm in approx $35,500Compared to Canadian MSRP of $46,249.80 (taxes, freight, etc. included) I saved approx. $10,750CDN.If anyone needs the name of a US dealer still selling Toyota's just send me a PM.

No comments: