Friday, September 21, 2007

Subaru importation info

Recall Clearance Letter:
Just a note to report very helpful service from Subaru America.I had phoned them earlier about the RCL early in the week and they promised to paper mail and email a copy. (It was encouraging that on their computer we were already the registered owners for this VIN). I faxed them the bill of sale as requested. Nothing happened so I phoned again yesterday and was glad I did so as something had gone astray with the fax. I immediately faxed again - this was by then right at the end of their working day - and lo and behold the RCL was in my email first thing this morning. Great service, thanks Subaru America!The reason behind my sense of urgency was that the car is being picked up Friday, and some have reported (and its on some web sites) being asked to show the RCL at the border. I phoned RIV yesterday (my, they sounded busy!) and they confirmed that it is NOT required at the Canadian border.

No comments: