Saturday, November 3, 2007

'07 Tundra purchased in Spokane

Here is a comment from the Townhall Talk Edmunds forum:

#1341 of 1382 importing from the US by tundradan01 Nov 02, 2007 (3:47 pm)

Hey, I just got home yesterday with my brand new Toyota Tundra, 07. A
saving of $15332 Cdn., based on my Cdn. pretax quote of $47220, and my purchase
price of $34338. After taking into account a $950 exchange rate saving, a $1500
BC and GST (13%) saving and the difference between Cdn. and US pricing. I bought
in Spokane Washington from a dealer, and also received a $2500 Rebate, not
available here in Canada.

The crossing at the border was uneventful, and everyone could not have been
more helpful, both US and Canadian. It took me about 16 hours of fax, telephone,
and internet work to sort it all out. Piece of cake! I have documented
everything and will provide information and a check list for any interested
parties. NOTE: Toyota US announced today, according to my US salesman, that all
sales of new product to Canada cease this morning. Used product is fine, but due
to pressures on Toyota Canada from Canadian dealers, Toyota USA has asked that
their dealers cease new automotive sales to Canada immediately.

No comments: